Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sometimes Bands Battle

So last night I went to a Battle of the Bands… and made me think of a couple things..

1- I cannot wait for my guitar class this fall! Super duper excited.


2- Everyone writes songs about love.. and honestly.. im not so sure that I like them all that much.. well.. thats a lie i most definitely have my share of sappy love songs in my itunes, but its just a little..whats the word.. unoriginal.. yes we need a few more random songs out there.. like this --
http://www.ringofscribes.com/Revival/Tracks%20(192%20kbps%20mp3)/05%20Lego%20Guy.mp3 haha.. for sure.

3- Going and watching a band play is kinda an interesting thing to me.. I suppose this doesn’t pertain to a hit, famous band, but more like small local bands.. I mean its just a bunch of people standing around, not knowing the songs so there is no singing or humming along, there is however awkward bopping of the head while trying to figure out what to do with their arms… should they be folded (wait.are we about to pray?), in the pockets, down to the side, waving in the air like you just don’t care?… all the while just staring at the band as if to say “you better entertain me, or im walkin” weird.. enjoyable.. but weird.

4- Bands definitely need to have an identity… a music style… genre that is consistent or else people just get lost. for example.. one of the bands tonight started out with kinda hardcore rock music .. switched too a country twangish type thing.. only to finish with a relaxing acoustic number… versatile.. yes… confused about its music genre sexuality… definitely.

I liked it though.. going and just listening to good music.. can life get better I submit that it cannot!

1 comment: