Tuesday, January 1, 2013

M.I.A

Hiiiiiii!

So I have been M.I.A from the blogging world for so long. At the time I didn't really feel like anything "blog-worthy" was going on in my life, but now looking back over the past few months I probably could have had some bomb posts. Oh well... mostly I was just studying, reading, writing, and studying some more and getting AWESOME grades as a result. I am proud to say that I have finally found my calling -- after 5 majors, (or maybe make that 6) we are sticking with Psychology, and I LOVE it! Not sure in what direction I want to go with it yet, but I do know that I want to help people and change the world (or at least the lives of a few people).

Mostly today I decided it was time to start back up again. I mean its January 1st. A new year. How many people are doing the exact same thing as me right at this moment. "This year I'm going to -------" (fill in the blank).  But hey the first step is letting others know your goals so that you have someone to be accountable to. So here goes... Looking back at 2012 it wasn't the best of years. It was full of change, and adjustments, and and starting overs and it was kinda rough. But I am excited to take all that I learned, put 2012 in the past, and move forward to make 2013 the best. 

So after thinking a lot my main goal for 2013 is to get out of my bubble and meet more people. So I want to try to meet at least one new person a day. This doesn't have to be like best friends status but just meet someone, learn at least one fact about them. I'm excited about this! Get out of my comfort zone, know more people, feel more confident, etc. Plus this probably will lead to some pretty good stories! 

So that's the first big news,, and the second.... I am going to Argentina next semester!! I am leaving January 11th and I will be there for 12 weeks. I am going to be an intern for LDS Employment Services. I am making my dream of helping people come true! We will be teaching classes to help people know how to prepare for job interviews, look for job opportunities, gain more confidence in themselves and their skills, and its going to be great! (plus this will make my getting to know a new person every day super easy for 12 weeks, to my knowledge I don't know anyone in Argentina). 

So that is why I have returned from hiding-- stay posted for all my new experiences in Argentina and meeting new people!  

Happy 2013!


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS ON YOUR INTERNSHIP!! You are incredible Emily! I love your New Years Resolution! What a great goal! And no one is better than you at making friends because you are such an enjoyable person to be around. I'm happy this semester went so well for you, and I'm thrilled about your new major! All good things! Love you!! Happy New Year dear friend.

    ReplyDelete