Monday, March 1, 2010

7 Reasons why Today I'm Smiling


1- Im wearing shorts … on March 1… in Utah- its glorious!
2- I saw this guy today that looked like a mannequin. Seriously I thought that BYU had just stuck a new statue in the wilk, then he moved. I wish that I would have a camera so I could have pictorial evidence of this. After much contemplation these are the reasons I came up with for his uncanny mannequin resemblance.
a. He was suuuper white.
b. Had flawless skin.. not a mark/bump/crevice anywhere
c. His features were perfect and very defined.
d. He was dressed really really well.
e. dang.. this is starting to sound like Edward
f. crap I just made a twilight reference..
g. oh yes.. and he was sitting soooo still.
h. It was odd.. so weird.
3- After seeing the non-mannequin man I continued my journey through the Wilk. Kay so im walking by jamba juice and there is this girl standing and staring into the ballroom with a weird grin on her face and laughing, so naturally I get curious to what she is looking at right….umm there is a blood drive going on in the ballroom… so this weirdee girl is just creepily smiling and laughing at all the people getting their blood drawn? Very peculiar—Im just hoping she had a friend in there or something..
4- Im at the grocery store, standing in line, minding my own business, reading up on the latest celebrity gossip via tabloid covers when the girl in front of me turns around and says “don’t worry Im not buying this coke to drink” (it was caffeinated btw, and only like a 16 oz, nothing huge or anything) so im like okaaay.. was I judging you? Maybe I looked at her weird or something? After that comment im pretty sure I did give her a strange look tho.. she then goes on to tell me how the recipe calls for Coke, and she doesn’t want to risk using uncaffeinated but she is not going to drink it.. blah blah.. more than 5 times she said she wasn’t going to drink it. 2 things wrong with this picture – A: I could care less about what she is buying and what she is going to do with it. like honestly. I mean on occasion I do just like to hang out at the grocery store and judge people based on their purchases, but not today. B: caffeine in things like Coke is not bad, well its not good for you, but not against any of our beliefs or nothing. dang u-tards.
5- I successfully avoided all of the booths telling me to vote for a specific BYUSA president candidate! – but I did go vote to get a free t-shirt! Pretty sure I would have remembered to vote for President of this country if I would have gotten a free t-shirt.. just sayin.
6- We have a candy bowl at work, and lately we have been putting a couple pieces of chocolate in it a day. However, theres a guy that works there, lets call him Rob (cuz that’s his name) and he just comes by and takes ALL of the chocolate out, at like 9 in the morning.. so today I said “Rob, save some for later” in the best English, Charly and the Chocolate Factory, augusta’s mom accent I could muster…. Which was then followed with a 5 minute conversation solely of Charly and the Chocolate Factory quotes with this new guy I had never met that just happened to be walking by.. I fell in love – dang his grey hair and wedding ring!
7- I ran out of salt and pepper, but Im making scrambled eggs for dinner group. The salt and pepper are kinda a necessity. BUT then I remembered I had saved a whole grip load of those restaurant salt and pepper packets that I got from delivering food one time. So… problem solved. It’s a little bit ghetto but as is life. It reminds me of this time that I made cookies using only sugar from packets that I had stolen borrowed from Olive Garden. Mmm. Those were the best cookies too.

The only thing that would have made this day better is if I would have had my phone in my pocket. Its currently still stuck somewhere between the tanner building and the Lost and found. In the future if you ever pick up something thing that was “lost” just take it directly to the lost & found. If your just going to hold on to it til its convenient for you, just leave it. Most likely the owner will come back. Please and thank-you : )

No comments:

Post a Comment