Thursday, February 4, 2010

So I recently had a friend tell me that the thing he admires most about me is my ability to stay optimistic and happy in any circumstance. Which I found to be the biggest compliment ever. But then 3 days later, yesterday happened…. Pretty much, long story short, it was a rough day. Some things I was counting on fell through, I wasn’t hired as an efy counselor which I was really looking forward to, midterms, and then on top of that I have a cold that seems to be stealing all my energy. In any case I was not happy, and I didn’t want to be. I was tired of things not working out, and I was tired of being optimistic about it. It wasn’t fair and I just wanted to whine!

So Im sitting in JKB just wallowing in my frustrations when I look outside and see the beautiful day, and realize it is the 3rd of February in Utah and Im walking around in a t-shirt!


Then a little girl, probably around 1, comes running in laughing and jumping, gets to the stairs, pauses for a sec, then slowly starts climbing them, and it was super super cute!


Then I look over and the boy next to me has fallen asleep sitting straight up, head tilted back, mouth wide open, which was kinda funny anyways, but the best part was this other kid walked in.. saw him.. stopped.. pulled out a camera and snapped a picture.. which was just incredibly random…

( yeah.. add 20 yrs.. subtract the car seat ... and we have match)
And I just got SO happy!
I then realized.. this is where my optimism comes from.. the very simplest things. Sometimes I feel self conscious about how my mind always works so simply, but now I see that might just be a blessing, a talent if you will, cuz it is always the smallest things that end up making my day! : )

1 comment:

  1. that is why i love you so much!! you can make any situation fun! and you are so optimistic and upbeat!

    ReplyDelete