Sunday, April 11, 2010

Become as a Child


This weekend I have been thinking about childhood, and wishing that I could just go back to being a little kid again. Wouldn't that just be great. No responsibilities, playing all the time, not being considered a weirdee if your just imagining and playing make believe all the time, not caring what other people think of you, and just going and being who you are.
This all started at the Volleyball game Sara and I went to Friday night. There was a group of about 4 girls probably like 9 or 10 standing in front of us, and a Taylor Swift song came on that they looved, so they let people know it. They sang at the top of their lungs while dancing and acting out the words. It was awesome. How many 21-22 year olds do you see doing that? Perhaps alone in their apartment, but definitely not in front of a group of people at a volleyball game. And if they did, you know most would think that they were immature, and needed to act more their age. But they didn't care, they were just having fun, and being themselves.
Then Saturday, as I was going for a run, I find this park, and so I decided to swing. I was just swinging, listening to music, enjoying the sun, and thinking and next thing I know it has been like 20 minutes. Sara ended up coming to the park with me later and we just played and talked, and it was so fun and relaxing! 
I think I would like to do that more, just become more as a child. I think it is important to go back to the basics and just remember who you really are, and what better way then go back to the beginning, to the time where your personality was truly developing. And really is it immature to have fun and adventures, build up an imagination. I think not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment