Monday, April 12, 2010

Live Weekend Update

This weekend Sara and I went to the Men's Volleyball game against Cal-Baptist. We went Friday night and loved it so much we just had to go back Saturday.

I think we just might have watched the players more than the game and definitely regretted not going to all the games this year. We each had a personal favorite player.. Sara was a traitor and went with a someone from Cal-Baptist.
 he is a Brazilian so naturally Sara was interested.. We even saw him after the game and Sara almost asked him for a picture.
I stuck with a fellow Cougar
He is beautiful. I would even give up my no taller than 6'1 rule. Oh and he happens to have been my best friends mission companion.. fate. i think yes.
Sara and I decided that he had perfect Ken doll arms too.
                                         Can you see the definition in his arms? Yes please.

This boy, though, we both loved!
He was super super tall and skinny and gangly. Not only that but he was REALLY into the game, and would get super upset when he messed up. At one point he laid on the floor for a long time after diving and missing the ball, and he would always hold his poses after messing up, it was the best! Mostly because his poses were always way awkward and funny looking. Good times.
 I think though my favorite part about the volleyball game tho were the blocks. When the other team would spike it and 2 or 3 players would all jump up at the same time and deny it! It was so fantastic.
We even got a picture with Spiderman Cosmo! This was after he stole Sara's purse and almost dropped it over the ledge and stole my camera and took some hot self portraits.

So conclusion... watching Mens Volleyball is fun, or more like watching Men's Volleyball players is fun!

After the game Saturday Sara and I went over to Justins and played Scrabble for a couple hours. I know, sounds like a riveting Saturday night huh, but it was actually really fun. I didn't think that I liked Scrabble, Im not one of those people that has a huge, extensive vocabulary, I stick to simple common words, so I thought I would fail miserably, but it was actually a lot more fun than i thought. Plus at the end of the night I felt like I had really exercised my brain. Pretty good feeling. I even woke up Sunday craving a little speed Scrabble. It was odd.

Other good news about the weekend, my mission papers went in on Sunday! So all i have to do now is play the waiting game for 2 more weeks and I will have my call! It is finally starting to feel real, and I am so excited to be able to go serve the Lord for 18 months. I cannot wait! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment