Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

So I recently have been reminded how awesome my friends are! I am so lucky to have all of them : ) It is so comforting knowing that no matter what I will always have a group to turn to.

First are my girls.
We have been friends since like middle school. (give or take a few rocky months due to the inevitable drama that comes with high school) Although we rarely get a chance to talk to each other now that we are all apart at school, when we do talk its like we never left off. Christmas and summer breaks I still find myself sitting at Lynns house, "Friends" on in the backround, talking and laughing for hours just like we were in high school again. Not only that but I still get the occasionally Happy Friday texts from Ky, or the I love you girl texts from Lynn that make my day! People always say you don't stay friends with people from high school, but I don't see me ever going back to Woodland and not catching a Quiznos Friday with these girls.

Next college friends. I like to call them my boys. (+ Jess)
I sometimes feel like these boys are my older brothers in a way. They are all about 4 years older than me and pick on me/make fun of me all the time! Its love. We like to party, eat In-N-out, walk around Wal-mart with nerf guns, and this summer Mike is gonna take me shooting! I like when I hang out with these boys, I don't have to worry about anything but just having fun. And Troy might possibly be the funniest person I have ever met, when he is a stand-up comedian someday, Im totally going to brag that I knew him. I can't help but just laugh when I am with them.

Moving from the group and on to singles,
Sara.

I have known this girl since I was 2. Who knew that 20 years later we would be inseparable. She pretty much got me through this year and I am so grateful that dance parties brought us together again. (true story) we never even talked, then we realized we both liked dancing and bam! Realized we actually liked hanging out with each other when we weren’t dancing too.

I dropped her off at the MTC today, and it just now hit me that I will not be seeing her for almost 2 years between her mission, then mine. I am really going to miss this girl a ton!  I could say so much more about Sara and how amazing she is, but like I said, it just hit me… so we are going to move away from thinking about that.













 Chantel. 

I met this chica when we were freshman roommates. I wish I could say that I knew I was gonna like her from the beginning buuutt.. I mean her email was fairyfrosting….. and I was worried. Luckily she turned out to be so awesome, funny, random, beautiful, smart, spiritual, and more, everything I could want in a best friend. Our friendship grew over myspace messages during the summer, then became life-long when we shared a hole in the wall bedroom Sophomore year.

I always have so much fun with Chantel, acting like little kids, doing the most random awesome stuff, like having dance parties to the programmed songs on a keyboard, watching Brian Regan in a dead mans house, laughing so hard we have to make a couple stops to sit down on the way from campus, and so so much more. Plus I always know that she will be my running buddy if I want! I am so excited that is now summer so we will actually have time to play!



 Justin. 

I met this boy 2 years ago at work, the magic of BYU Broadcasting, he said he liked to dance, then laughed at my jokes, and I decided I wanted to become his best friend. Success!
I like this boy because he is so unique [slash] can never sit still [slash] loves to have fun [slash] way spiritual. I owe a lot of the person I am spiritually to this kid. He is a great example and has this way of getting me to reflect back on my life and what I need to do better. Not to mention he is in love with California as much as I am, so I always have a road trip buddy!











Allena. 
If I owe who I am spiritually to Justin, I owe a lot of my personality to this girl. She definitely was a huge support of emily’s breaking out of shell becoming outgoing stage. We have had some pretty awesome memories, and can laugh all the time. Our friendship has had some tough moments and because of that I know that we will still be friends when we are 80 years old, sitting on a porch and still laughing! It sucks that I really only get to see her for like 3 weeks out of the year, but I always know that I can tell her anything and everything and she will only love me more! Which is why she is probably the only person I have zero secrets from.


Those are the biggies. But I love everyone that is in my life. I did notice a trend tho, dance parties, and laughing. Guess I can see what is important in my life... : )


Some friendship advice : "If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures. I think its ok to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if your serious about adopting the vulture" -- Jack Handey

No comments:

Post a Comment