Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things I did today...

Went to court --- I saw people being booked and sent to jail right in front of my very own eyes! --handcuffs, officers, orange jumpsuits, prosecutors, the works. My favorite couple, the tiny blond girl who was in custody for domestic violence, but her husband (the one that pressed charges) was there to love on and support her. The prosecutor thought he was crazy seeing as he was a witness against her. And apparently he is waiting for his own court date to be tried on the same charge-- domestic violence -- his wife pressed charges. Strange couple. Full of issues. So entertaining.
  - Next best moment: When the judge like lost it and started yelling at everyone in the courtroom saying how they needed to stop abusing alcohol because not only where they going to land some serious jail time for doing stupid things, but also will die prematurely. It was awesome. I almost threw out an AAMEN BROTHER! just for him.

Sent my brother off to the MTC --- 
it wasn't really a big deal seeing as I will be seeing him in a month. same time, same place [well not same time, but it needed to be said for the statement to flow] Im so happy that we are going through this experience together. It had been nice to have someone to talk to about everything who completely relates to me and knows what I'm going through. Plus we have grown so much closer because of this, and our relationship will only get stronger as we share actual mission experiences. en espanol too!

Cashed in on my birthday --- Yes, it is exactly as it sounds. First off I went to Tucanos for lunch and got my free meal. I did not, however, get my a song or ice cream! I was a bit sad about that one. But Tucanos mest up and sent me dos coupons so I may just have to cash in that second one too. But theeen I get to work and signed up for every single birthday offer I could find! The list includes, but is not limited to: free coldstone ice-cream, free baskin robbins, $30 gift card for Benihanas, free cookie dough from Papa Johns, free cookie from quiznos, free blizzard from DQ, free meal from Noodles & Company, $5 off Marie Callendar's, free milkshake and tacos from Del Taco, half dozen donuts from Krispy Kremes, and I'm planning on selling my plasma tomorrow because they give you a birthday bonus. boo-yah! birthdays only come once a year. I plan on making the most of it.  *** note all these coupons expire the end of the month so I won't just explode tomorrow, nor will I really use all of them, but the fact that I caaaan.
If you want free birthday stuff too.... go here .. just one of the many websites I checked out.

Yeeeahh--its been a good day.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY!! that is freaking awesome!! haha WHY didnt you tell me about this for my birthday in march?! haha

    ReplyDelete