Friday, July 9, 2010

This is my life.

This week has been great and super fast!
Monday my family went biking down by Cascade Locks, it was gorgeous! I forget about green trees sometimes living in Utah. 
 Yes Abby and I felt like Sound of Music at times. In fact we even sang a little "Doe a Deer" to set the mood. 
After the bike ride we went and explored the fish ladders. 
I fell asleep. It was a great nap! Aaand that is about all i got out of it, except there were some pretty big fish, which was kinda neat. Also I really wanted to drop something  (like a baby's shoe perhaps) down up top and see if the viewers below would see a random shoe float by.

Also I was able to talk to my best friend ever! She is going to Hong Kong and was at the airport calling home. It was good to hear her, and listen to how excited she is about her mission. It just makes me want to leave already! Plus she spoke a little Cantonese for us, so crazy to hear! 
 She is one awesome missionary already and she is going to be even more amazing in China!

Tuesday was a fun-filled day of driving 13 hours. It took longer due to horrendous amounts of construction and missing the I-15 turnoff. That is a mistake one should never make, you have to drive about 25 minutes out in the middle of nowhere Idaho until you can turn around. We were very tempted to just pull a U-ey on those police driveways on the freeways. Definitely weighed the pros and cons on that one. What made the drive better was listening to this book on cd. 
  I have never done that before, the whole book on cd thing, but it's not to bad. However, by the end I did want to punch the reader in the face because her voice was super annoying, and the whole time I just wished I had my own copy of the book to read myself because I just want to know what happens already and she is reading so dang slow! But reading and driving is unsafe children, and could be considered UNdefensive driving..soo books on cd = good. 

Returned to work on Wednesday. First 8 hour day in about a month.. bleeeh. enough said. I was ansy about an hour in. 

Highlights of Thursday: for my lunch break I decided to walk through the neighborhoods across the street, it might have been one of my best ideas this month. I love walking, I love Utah houses [this is a whole other story, but they are pretty, and clean, and pretty, and nice], I love blasting my ipod. It was perfect. And I ran across this girl selling lemonade, so naturally I bought some from her, just to support the cause. Plus it took me back to my lemonade/snow cones/oriental trading toys selling days! Sally the 7yr old, and I had a lovely life chat for about 20 minutes. She was bomb! 
And then I ran across this gem! 
Cute little neighborhood park.
complete with gazebo, and picnic tables! New lunch destination? I think yes absolutely!

Also I got free food. Chili's. Courtesty of BYUB. No complaints there. 

Then today is FRIDAY! hello weekend, nice of you to come back! I dont really have plans but I have high hopes. I know tonight Im going to be doing a little bit of dancing. And hoping that tomorrow will be full of plasma donating, croquet playing, and tennis ball hitting! :) 

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Less than 7 weeks -- yes im counting down. 
Oh and I had to say goodbye to this boy for a year and half.
It was traumatic...and when I say traumatic I mean slightly anti-climatic but still sad. 

Oh and this family. 
It was also very upsetting. Mostly because Amy didn't even say goodbye, apparently sleep comes first. uh rude. *tear*


2 comments:

  1. 7 weeks?! holy! i love the picture of the bikes. ha. it cracks me up. heeelllo sound of music haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I feel bad. I realized it that morning and I almost woke you up but then I decided not to. Here you go...BYE!

    ReplyDelete