Friday, May 7, 2010

Life Can Be Good

I have had a lot on my mind this past week. Lately a lot in my life has been changing and I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I'm not a huge fan of change, in fact I try to avoid it as much as possible. But with all this on my mind I came to realize that their a couple things that always make me feel better when I'm worried, stressed, or just down.

First, the scriptures.
I made this goal to read the Book of Mormon at least one more time before I leave for Chile. This definitely requires me reading every night. I admit some nights I don't really want to, I would much rather just drift into a deep sleep and dream away real life. But once I start I instantly feel so so much better! It's just a peaceful, reassuring feeling. I just want to bottle up that emotion and keep it forever.

Second, this show. The Biggest Loser.

This show is the single most motivating/inspirational thing on tv. Like seriously. Everytime I get done watching it I just am so super motivated to go out and live my life. To take control of my situations and surroundings. And then I feel empowered, like I can do anything, especially if I put my mind to it. If these people can step up and lose hundred of pounds, and run a 5k when they can barely walk before, I can definitely step up and handle the silly little problems in my life. Not only are the contestants amazing, but the show definitely pushes me to reach my goal of becoming a personal trainer. Jillian and Bob are just so cool and not only do they help the contestants physically but emotionally as well. I want to do that.

Third, eating healthy.
Im a bit of an emotional eater. It's a problem. Luckily, nothing makes me feel better than eating a good fruit salad, a crispy apple, or even a nice salad. This is something I still need to work on, because i also do love my sweets. Its just important for me to remember how much better I feel after eating a healthy snack instead of one that isn't so good for me.

Fourth, working out.
Gotta love those endorphins. Plus what is a better activity to do when you have a racing mind. Its perfect to just blast the music and think for an hour. Not to mention how awesome I feel afterwards!

Fifth, playing the piano.
I don't do this enough. But those moments when Im sititng at a piano, completely focused on the keys and the music I forget all about everything else. I also love the feeling of working on a talent, and seeing the improvement, when I can finish a piece error free for the first time.

One thing I left off this list is running away. In all honesty that is usually what I do when I get overwhelmed or have to face something I don't really want to. I run away, I push it to the side and try to pretend like it isn't there. But im working on that, Im working on standing up to my problems and looking them square in the eye. This weekend I almost ran. I really just wanted to drop out of life and Provo but I didn't! and im pretty proud of that : )

No comments:

Post a Comment